437 Second Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
There are four apartments at 437 Second Street.
|Apartment 1||Apartment 2||Apartment 3||Apartment 4|
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
In the heart of the Old West Side, this historic charmer has never had a vacancy since I purchased this building in 1992.
Located between West William Street and West Jefferson Street, this apartment building is in the heart of the Old West Side.
The entire neighborhood of Old West Side is on the National Historic Register. This is the United States federal government’s official list of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects deemed worthy of preservation.
Location isn’t everything, it’s the ONLY thing.
- 3 short blocks west of Main Street, downtown Ann Arbor.
- 5 minute walk to all the shops, cafes and restaurants downtown Ann Arbor has to offer.
- 12 minute walk to the diag, the center of The University of Michigan central campus.
- 7 minutes walk to Bill’s Beer Garden.
- 10 minutes walk to Kerrytown commercial district.
- 7 minutes walk to Blake Transit Station.
- 4 minutes walk to Washtenaw Dairy and The Blank Slate ice cream stores.
- 7 minutes walk to The Fleetwood Diner, Ann Arbor’s premier 24 hour restaurant.
- 15 minute walk to Michigan Stadium (Let’s Go Blue!)
- 1.5 minutes walk to Argus Market, a grocery store/cafe offering local farm raised products.
- 5 minute walk to Wurster Park, a beautiful city park in which to relax on a spring, summer, fall or winter day.
Perfect for someone:
- Who is working downtown or at University of Michigan.
- Who wants to enjoy all that Ann Arbor has to offer.
- Who is a longer term medical, law, business or Ph.D. student.
- Who is a medical resident.
This is the best neighborhood in Ann Arbor. It is quiet and residential, yet proximate to all the commercial, social and educational attractions that make Ann Arbor the best place to live in the USA. (Niche.com, April 17, 2017) The building is on a quiet, residential street and the building is peaceful, clean and pleasant.
Second Street is lined with venerable trees, cooling in the summer and providing a breathtaking color tour of red, orange, yellow and brown leaves in the fall.
Containing a central elementary school, the OWS is a delightful mix of families of all ages, apartments, single family homes and long term residents.
No noisy elevators to wait for crowded with strangers.
There are a total of only four apartments in the building occupied by courteous tenants.
The Old West Side is Ann Arbor’s most desirable location. Close to downtown, but still quiet with a real sense of neighborhood.
Built in approximately 1900. If you listen closely, you can still hear the grain filled railroad cars rumble through town.
All repairs and improvements have been executed with long-term thinking, with permanent materials and with respect for the historic nature of the building and neighborhood.
Updated insulated glass windows.
All apartments sport 3” wide board, clear finished maple hardwood floors.
Great attention has been paid to maintain the historic detail of the building’s interior.
Unfurnished: All apartments are unfurnished and have a move-in ready, old world charm.
Back yard: Well maintained, large, private grassy lawn ideal for relaxing, cooking out or studying.
No noisy, crowded elevators to wait for with strangers.
- HEAT IS FREE!!!
- Each apartment has its own thermostat that you can control.
- Water is included in the rent.
- All apartments are air-conditioned and have at least one ceiling fan.
- Clean, modern, well kept coin-operated washer and dryer are available for use in the basement.
Smoke Free & Pet Free Environment
- Building has been smoke free since 1992.
- No animals. I like animals, don’t get me wrong. Had a cat since I was two years old. But, no to this. Everyone is happier.
There is a special residential parking status on the block and on the surrounding blocks. You are certain to have a space right in front of the house, on the street for a nominal annual fee paid to the city. Please call the city’s parking enforcement department for complete information.
The rent is very reasonable, significantly below median, according to Rentometer.com. Yet all the apartments are way above median in quality, location and comfort! Please contact me for the current rental rates along with current and future availability.
One year minimum lease, although I am motivated to sign a multiple year lease. Let’s talk. Discount available for multiple year’s lease.